DIOCESE OF KINGSTOWN
Report of The Biblical Commission
The Biblical Commission comprises two important components, namely: Bible and evangelization. The two are inextricably linked and responds to the Synod 2015 mission to build community through Word, Eucharist and service.
- The Biblical Commission collaborated to plan and host a training for all lectors throughout the diocese. This was very well attended. Lectors were encouraged to by encounter God spending time each day with the Word.
- The Bible was enthroned in all your Catholic churches across the diocese and the number of enthronements in homes also increased.
- During the period under review, Lectio Divino was promoted on local radio programs.
- As part of the thrust to build a Bible culture in the Diocese of Kingstown, Section is done/practised at all m a j o r meetings, relevant events, and formation programs at diocesan a n d parish levels including youth meetings. There has also been an increase of lectio practiced in families as part of their daily devotions.
- We did a bible distribution drive to the natural disaster victims. This was done in collaboration with the charitable distribution of humanitarian aid done by the Stewardship & Development Commission.